December 2019 Board Election
Original Election Announcement
The job of a board member is governance of the organization. There are two primary responsibilities:
- Drafting and maintaining the charter that governs how the organization functions and manages it's assets.
- Determining and approving the appointment of key officers and usage of funds.
Board members have little day-to-day responsibilities beyond this as a board member, though they may take on other roles with more regular responsibilities as well as being a board member.
- The election will take place via ranked choice voting.
- Voting will open on Monday, December 23rd around 4pm ET and run through midnight ET on Monday, December 30th.
- When voting opens, a voting link will be posted to #swarmgov in the main chat, as well as emailed to the [] list.
- Anyone with a Hive officer role or a Veteran LBRYian role is eligible to vote.
- The elected board member will be announced on 12/31 and go into effect immediately.
- Anyone eligible to vote may declare candidacy.
- To declare candidacy, make a publish from your LBRY channel to lbry://lbryorg2019board by midnight ET on December 22nd.
- Your publish should contain a candidate statement supporting your candidacy. We recommend publishing either a video or text (markdown / basic html).
- Links to all candidate statements will be circulated to voters.
An extremely narrow vote was won by Jon Ringo.
Results generated via https://petertheone.github.io/IRV/:
Round #1: 5 candidates and 38 ballots.
Number of first votes per candidate: Caner: 11 Roman: 6 Ralph: 5 Jon: 6 Clement: 10
Caner has the highest number of votes with 11 votes (28.95%)
Ralph has the lowest number of votes with 5 votes (13.16%)
Round #2: 4 candidates and 38 ballots.
Number of first votes per candidate: Caner: 11 Roman: 7 Jon: 9 Clement: 11
2 candidates have the highest number of votes with 11 votes (28.95%)
Roman has the lowest number of votes with 7 votes (18.42%)
Round #3: 3 candidates and 37 ballots.
Number of first votes per candidate: Caner: 11 Jon: 13 Clement: 13
2 candidates have the highest number of votes with 13 votes (35.14%)
Caner has the lowest number of votes with 11 votes (29.73%)
Round #4: 2 candidates and 37 ballots.
Number of first votes per candidate: Jon: 19 Clement: 18
Jon has the highest number of votes with 19 votes (51.35%)
Clement has the lowest number of votes with 18 votes (48.65%)